Throw away negative thoughts. Approach positive thoughts. Learn to identify self-talk and respond quickly. Train daily and improve. This is the core experience of GG Apps.
GGOC: is the second of a series of apps we're launching on a new and exciting platform named GG Apps.
GGOC focuses on OCD beliefs and fears including fear of contamination, causing harm, fear of sin and "not just right" experiences.
- 15 free levels to learn, understand and improve.
- 1 free daily training level.
- In total, 47 levels including topics such as doubt, threat, fear of self and importance of thoughts, perfectionism and uncertainty as well as symptoms specific statements addressing contamination, fear of harm, "not just right" and scrupulosity.
People with obsessive compulsive symptoms would benefit from using the app as a therapy assisting tool. It can provide users with more information about their condition, as well as better understanding of how other people who suffer from similar doubts think and feel.
The application is based on the principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) - one of the most research-supported psychological therapies.
According to CBT models, negative self-talk individuals ongoing interpretations of the self, others and the world - maintain psychological difficulties such as obsessive preoccupation, low mood, and maladaptive behaviours.
In OCD, for instance, individuals negative self-talk often relates to fear of being contaminated, fear of hurting others or oneself, fear of sin etc., Individuals presenting with contamination fears, for instance, will say to themselves phrases such as "this is very dirty and dangerous" when seeing a door handle.
Such negative self-talk, of course, ultimately increases their contamination fears and intensifies negative mood
GGOC was developed in order to provide an accessible CBT training platform that would allow individuals with OCD related fears and doubts to better deal with negative self-talk. The application is designed to
(1) increase individuals awareness of negative self-talk.
(2) train individuals to better identify and challenge negative self-talk.
(3) increase individuals access to neutral and positive self-talk.
(4) increase the automaticity of the above processes.
To further strengthen learning of supportive self-talk, each level the player completes is followed by a small memory game in which one has to identify a supportive statements that appeared in the previous level.
Training using this application, will hopefully allow for gradual, steady learning of more positive self-talk thereby helping to break the vicious thought cycle maintaining OCD symptoms.
IN-APP PURCHASE INFORMATION
The app includes 15 free levels for training on some of the basic topics. The rest of the levels (over 30) can be accessed with a purchase. There are 2 purchase options:
1. AUTO RENEWABLE SUBSCRIPTION
For $4.99 a month, you can train as long as you find the app useful.
2. PERMANENT SUBSCRIPTION
Pay once to unlock all content forever (including upcoming expansions and additional levels).
- New content will be added on a monthly basis, including levels covering seasonal and new topics (for example, Valentine Day special)
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period, however it takes effect starting from the next period.
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
GGOC - OCD Training App is a free software application from the Health & Nutrition subcategory, part of the Home & Hobby category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-12-05. The program can be installed on iOS.
GGOC - OCD Training App (version 1.0) has a file size of 24.75 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.